- How many years have you been in business? How many homes have you built?
Symphony Homes has been in business for over 25 years, and during that time we have built more than 1,250 custom homes in Utah.
- Are you licensed (where required) and insured?
We are absolutely licensed and insured where required.
- How do you compare yourself to other builders? What are the most important benefits of the homes you build?
What separates us from many other builders is our focus on customer service. We spend hours with our customers helping them modify their dream home, choosing their customized selections and guiding them through the building process. We provide incredible support from the minute someone walks into our model homes until long after their home is completed.
- What type of warranty do you offer?
We provide a one-year limited warranty on our homes.
- Do you build model homes I can tour? If not, can you help me make an appointment to see a home you built for another customer?
We have many model homes available to showcase our plans. Depending on the plan you are interesting in, we may have a recently built a home that we can arrange to have you review the floorplan.
- Do you build only from home plans you supply? Or can I provide my own set of plans?
- Who will oversee the construction of my home? Who should I contact with any questions I may have?
Our homes are built through a team effort of construction management specialists. While the home is built, you are assigned an experienced construction contact that can answer your questions and manage any approved changes from the start of construction through the completion of the home.
- How and when can I make changes or upgrades before and during construction?
While we try to help you finalize all your building specifications prior to starting construction, we work with our Buyers to accommodate changes that don’t disrupt the schedule. After the home is framed, we conduct a thorough walk through with each Buyer to review electrical items and other misc items in the home.
- How and when will the final price for my home be determined?
When you come into our model and choose your plan and lot, you will know the total sales price. At that time, many of our Buyer’s make some structural changes and designer upgrades and that price is modified along the way. When the home is started, some changes may be made modifying the price. The final sales price is noted on each addendum to the contract so you always know what you current sales price is during the process.
- How long will my home take to complete?
Our structural and design phase typically takes 60-90 days depending on the extent of the plan modifications. The construction time typically takes between 150-180 days.
- Does the community have a Home Owners Association and/or an Architectural Review Committee? If so, may I get a copy of their rules and the amount of any fees?
Some of our communities have homeowners associations with common amenities. We provide all of our Buyer’s copies of the Covenants, Conditions and Restrictions in each community.
- What’s your process for inspection at key points of construction, at final walk-through, and to address any matters that need to be corrected or finalized?
Our management team is frequently on the job site to review the work of our trade partners to make sure the work conforms to the building specifications and good quality trade practices. We are not satisfied with the quality of building inspectors alone and spent a great deal of time to ensure that our homes are built to the highest standards from start to finish.